WHY WE CHOSE THIS CARD
There’s a good reason we picked this as the best rewards card for earning cash back in different purchase categories. You’ll get 3 points per $1 spent on a long list of expenses: not just flights and hotel stays, but day-to-day bills, including takeout food, dining out, rideshares, and streaming services. Then 1 point per $1 on everything else. Plus, the points are surprisingly versatile. You can always redeem them for cash, or you can book travel or buy merchandise.
PROS & CONS
- Generous rewards rate on many common expenses
- No annual fee
- Longer 0% APR offers on purchases and balance transfers exist
- Cash back can only be redeemed in $20 or $25 increments
- If you’ve received the bonus or interest deal before, you may not be eligible again
- 20,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 in purchases in the first 3 months – a $200 cash redemption value.
- Earn 3 points on the following: eating out/ordering in, gas, rideshares, transit, flights, hotels, homestays, car rentals, and popular streaming services.
- $0 annual fee.
- No limit to points you can earn, and points don’t expire as long as your account remains open.
- Cell phone protection offers insurance against your cell phone from damage or theft.