WHY WE CHOSE THIS CARD
Busy students need a card that makes using credit worthwhile and educational, and that’s why this one shines. For your first six months with the card, you’ll earn 3% cash back on as much as $2,500 that you spend on gas, groceries and drugstore items. During that introductory period, you’ll also pay no interest on purchases. Access to resources like free FICO credit scores and Wells Fargo’s credit education hub make this a valuable learning tool as well. Just note that you need to be an existing Wells Fargo customer to apply.
- No annual fee
- Offers rewards on everyday purchases, unlike many other student cards
- 0% APR promotional offers that are rare for a student card
- Must have a Wells Fargo account to apply
- Rewards earning rate drops after six months
- Foreign transaction fee means using this card overseas costs extra
- Build credit history while you’re in college.
- 3% cash rewards earned for up to $2,500 spent on gas, grocery, and drugstore purchases for the first 6 months. Enjoy 1% cash rewards for other purchases.
- Access your FICO Credit Score.
- Existing Wells Fargo relationship needed to apply online.