WHY WE CHOSE THIS CARD
We found United miles to be the most valuable of those offered by a major U.S. airline rewards program, which makes this card our top pick for frequent flyers. Not only are they worth an average 2.28 cents each, according to our research, but you’ll get 60,000 extra miles if you spend $3,000 within your first three months with the card. It’s a bonus that we value at $1,368. What’s more, restaurant, hotel, and United charges all earn 2 miles per $1 spent. It doesn’t hurt that the annual fee is waived for the first year, either.
- Miles are worth more than most other major U.S. airline’s, according to our calculations
- Lots of great travel perks, such as lounge passes and free checked bags
- Extra miles can be earned on more than just flight purchases
- Annual fee is waived the first year, but it’s still a notable cost
- No late fees.
- No penalty rate.
- No annual fee.
- Plus, get a low intro APR for 18 months on balance transfers and purchases.