Marcus by Goldman Sachs offers personal loans that may work well for debt consolidation, due in part to long repayment terms of up to 72 months. If you have excellent credit, you may qualify for an interest rate as low as 6.99% with zero fees attached. Loan amounts are available up to $40,000 for qualified applicants. Together, these features might save you money if you can consolidate your expensive credit card debt for a lower rate.
- Longer repayment terms might lower your monthly payment when you consolidate debt
- No fees are charged by the lender, including late fees
- Customize your payment due date so it works best for your budget
- Higher rates are generally charged on loans with longer repayment terms.
- Good credit needed to qualify
- No cosigners are accepted
Other important information:
- Minimum/maximum amount you can borrow: $3,500 to $40,000
- APR range: 6.99%–19.99%
- Fees: None
- Minimum recommended credit score: A minimum credit score of 660 is recommended.
- Other qualification requirements: You’ll need to be 18 or older (in most states) plus have a valid bank account and Social Security or Individual Tax I.D. Number to apply.
- Repayment terms: Loan terms between 36 and 72 months are available.
- Time to receive funds: Allow one to four business days to receive your funds once approved.
- Restrictions: You can’t use a personal loan from Marcus to refinance student loan debt.