WHY WE CHOSE THIS CARD
If you frequently travel for business, there’s simply no card that’s more well-rounded than this. Chase Ultimate Rewards points are some of the most valuable out there, especially when used for travel. For starters, you’ll get a massive bonus of 100,000 points (worth $1,460 when redeemed for travel through the Ultimate Rewards platform) if you spend $15,000 or more within your first three months. And our valuations found points may be worth even more if transferred to a partner airline or hotel program. In addition to travel purchases, you’ll earn 3 points per $1 spent on common business purchases like social media advertising and shipping (up to $150,00 annually).
PROS & CONS
- Outstanding bonus for new cardholders
- Extra rewards points on many different types of business expenses
- Many ways to redeem rewards
- Option to transfer points to eligible airline loyalty programs, in some cases getting more value per point
- No rewards on dining or gas
- Rewards tiers and caps, which are higher maintenance
- Steep spending requirement to earn bonus
- 100,000 bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months after account opening. That’s $1,250 toward travel rewards when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases on travel, shipping purchases, Internet, cable and phone services, and on advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines each account anniversary year.
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- Stay on top of your business with Fraud Protection, Purchase Protection, personalized Account Alerts, and more.
- Employee cards at no additional cost.