To determine which rewards credit card is best for you, focus on your spending habits and your redemption goals. See which of these descriptions match up best with you.
- Cash-back card: You don’t travel frequently and prefer cash rewards.
- General travel rewards card: You want to earn rewards you can use for different airline, hotel, and car rental companies.
- Airline card: You travel a few times a year, stick with one major airline or alliance, and want VIP treatment.
- Hotel card: You travel frequently and like to stay with one specific hotel chain.
- Retail card: You regularly shop at the same retailer and want to receive rewards for your loyalty.
Here’s another summary of our top picks for rewards credit cards:
|Best Rewards Credit Cards|
|Credit Card||Category||Annual Fee|
|HSBC Cash Rewards Mastercard||Best Overall||$0|
|HSBC Cash Rewards Mastercard||Best for Simple Cash-Back Rewards||$0|
|Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card||Best for Earning Different Levels of Cash Back||$0|
|Discover it Secured||Best for Less-Than-Perfect Credit||$0|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred Card||Best Travel Card With an Annual Fee Under $100||$95|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve||Best for Luxury Travelers||$550|
|Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card||Best Travel Card With No Annual Fee||$0|
|Capital One Spark Cash Credit Card||Best Business Cash Credit Card||$0|
|Ink Business Preferred Credit Card||Best Business Travel Card||$95|