WHY WE CHOSE THIS CARD
If American Airlines can be your go-to airline when you travel for business, this card is for you. Frequent flyers will earn valuable miles (they are worth an average of 2.32 cents each, based on our data) on not just flights, but business expenses such as telephone and cable services, car rentals and gas bills. They’ll also get travel perks like preferred boarding and free checked bags. What’s more, the 65,000-mile bonus for new cardholders—earned after spending $4,000 within four months of opening an account—is worth about $1,500, according to our estimates.
- American Airlines miles are worth more than most airline miles, according to The Balance’s valuations
- Great bonus for an airline-branded business card
- Free checked bag perk (for you and four travel companions) can easily make annual fee worth it
- Several travel and business expenses earn double miles
- No travel insurance benefits
- No airport lounge passes, travel credits or card perks like cellphone insurance
- First checked bag free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to 4 travel companions.
- Preferred boarding on American Airlines flights so you can save time and be more productive.
- 25% savings on American Airlines inflight Wi-Fi purchases when you use your card.
- 25% savings on inflight food and beverage purchases on American Airlines flights when you use your card.