WHY WE CHOSE THIS CARD
This card has a sky-high annual fee, but its rich rewards-earning rates on travel and restaurant purchases, a $300 annual credit toward travel, and superior travel perks (who doesn’t want unlimited access to participating airport lounges?) make it more than worthwhile for the frequent traveler. Plus, you’ll get some terrific flexibility when it comes time to redeem your reward points. You can use them to book your choice of airline or hotel through the Chase online portal, or you can transfer them (usually at a 1-to-1 ratio!) to any eligible airline or hotel rewards programs.
- Earn extra points for travel and dining purchases
- Many different purchases count as travel spending, which makes earning rewards easier
- Several valuable ways to use points, including transfers to partner loyalty programs
- Jam-packed with valuable travel credit and travel insurance benefits
- Massive annual fee
- High ongoing APR
- Receive 50,000 points after spending $4,000 in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Get an annual $300 travel credit for eligible purchases charged to your card each anniversary year.
- Earn 3 points on travel (excluding purchases eligible for the travel credit), restaurants, and dining. Earn 1 point per $1 spent on other purchases.
- Points are worth 50% more when you redeem them for travel through Chase’s Ultimate Rewards portal.
- Transfer points 1:1 to eligible Ultimate Rewards airline and hotel partner programs.