WHY WE CHOSE THIS CARD
This card feels like a premium product, just without the sky-high annual fee. The new cardholder bonus is worth an impressive $1,000 when redeemed for travel through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal, and possibly a lot more if you transfer to one of the program’s airline or hotel partners. Plus, you’ll earn 2 points per $1 spent on a slew of travel expenses as well as your restaurant tabs. And the card comes with primary rental car insurance, a valuable perk that many competitors lack.
PROS & CONS
- Good bonus compared to other travel cards with similar annual fees
- Option to transfer points to eligible airline and hotel programs, often at a 1-to-1 ratio
- Points are pretty valuable when redeemed for travel
- Some premium travel insurance benefits
- No credits to cover incidental airline fees or other travel-related costs
- Few everyday purchase categories earn extra points
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals, and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022.
- Transfer points 1:1 to eligible Ultimate Rewards airline and hotel partner programs.