WHY WE CHOSE THIS CARD
Solid travel rewards without the number-crunching or annual fee—that’s why we find this card so appealing. You earn the same number of reward points no matter what type of spending you do, but you can access benefits usually reserved for higher-end travel cards, like transferring to airline partners. There are two additional ways to redeem rewards for travel, which offer even more flexibility. Either book travel directly through Capital One, or use the bank’s Purchase Eraser tool to redeem miles as statement credits for eligible travel purchases made within the past 90 days.
PROS & CONS
- Simple and predictable rewards
- Rare option (for a no-annual-fee card) to transfer miles to eligible airline and hotel partner programs
- Flexible redemption options
- Travel insurance not common with a no-annual-fee card
- Low rewards-earning rate
- Limited number of travel partners, especially U.S. airlines
- 1.25X miles on all purchases. Earn unlimited miles with no caps.
- Earn 20,000 miles once you spend $1,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
- Use miles as a statement credit against any airline or hotel booking with no blackout dates. Or, transfer miles to eligible travel loyalty programs.
- Enjoy an introductory APR on purchases for the first 12 months.